FREE Flu Shot Clinics
Still need your flu shot? Register and come to one of three vaccination clinics at our schools put on by the Seattle Visiting Nurses Association. There is no cost to patients with or without insurance. Please provide insurance information if available.
Registration is required. Register Today!
Monday, November 16
10:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
Cedarhurst Elementary School
611 S 132nd Street, Burien 98168
Thursday, November 19
10:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
Midway Elementary School
22447 24th Avenue S, Des Moines 98198
Saturday, November 21
9:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m.
Beverly Park Elementary School
1201 S 104th Street, Seattle 98168
Want to learn more? Check out these frequently asked questions about the vaccination clinics.
Family Zoom Expectations
Distance Learning has given you a glimpse into your child’s learning in a way you likely never had before. You are gaining insight into what happens in the classroom. The close view may cause you to have some questions and even some concerns. At times, you may feel compelled to get involved with your student, the teacher and/or the class.
We ask you to remember that while your child is at home learning, they are still “at school.” There are many things that happen during the school day that are a normal part of learning and classroom interaction. Please trust that your teacher is aware of what is happening and is equipped to respond.
We have a hard time seeing our own kids struggle, so we may try to rescue them or give them the answer. In order to support your child’s learning, the teacher needs to hear what your child thinks, what they can do, and where they may need support.
Please follow these guidelines while your child is on Zoom.
- Distance Learning sessions on Zoom are designed for students. To prevent disruption to the learning environment, families should not actively participate in the sessions. This includes using the chat or speaking to the teacher or other students during class. Of course, you can assist your child with technology and remain nearby.
- If you need to communicate with your child’s teacher, please contact them via Remind, ParentVue, email, or phone. Please do not interrupt a class meeting by talking or using the chat feature.
- Do not interact with other students while on Zoom unless specifically asked to do so by the teacher.
- Please do not make photographs or video recordings during the Zoom session. For the protection and privacy of our students, do not post photos with other students on social media.
- You may want to remove from the camera view anything you would not want school staff or other families to see.
More information about Zoom can be found on our district website.
ICYMI: Thank You Voters!
In case you missed it, here is a link to our newsletter we sent Saturday to staff, families and the community thanking voters for the tech levy. Enjoy the video thank you “card” that includes a message from one of our students!
We continue to distribute breakfast and lunch to students during Distance Learning. Please pre-order so we can accommodate requests and be efficient with service. Pre-ordering allows us to make sure we have enough meals for all kids who come to pick one up.
The pre-order form is available for the next week starting Friday at 4:00 p.m. You can pre-order until 6:30 a.m. the day of pickup.
You have the option to pick up meals daily, Monday through Friday, or pick up a Weekly Meal Kit once a week (Mondays). Meals are free to all kids ages 1 to 18. Children do not have to be enrolled in Highline Public Schools to participate in the meal program.