Dear Evergreen Students & Families,
Spring has arrived and we are thrilled to be welcoming all students back to campus in a hybrid model whose families are selecting that option! Nearly 400 students are returning. We are excited to see those of you in person, as well as continue our learning and connections with our remote students too. If you want to change your assignment, please see the Change in Assignment Form on the district website.
Our EHS Vision is that we are “a community-centered school where all strive for excellence in service of student achievement.” We are thrilled to be engaging in numerous community/school partnerships in service of this vision. In the month of April, you can find Evergreen student artwork featured at Dubsea Coffee! Community members and teachers are also beginning a Community Mentor Project to strengthen these relationships and bring more community connections into the classroom.
Upcoming in this quarter we are especially looking forward to celebrating our seniors. Please be on the lookout for more information coming soon about graduation festivities.
After a challenging pandemic year, we are excited to have a strong finish to the school year with all of our students!
Jacqueline Downey, Principal
Registration for Season 2 sports is now open at familyid.com and we invite all interested students to sign-up to participate. Our athletic programs are run in accordance with state and local health guidelines and safety of students is our top priority. Season 2 sports start Monday, April 5 ( 3/29 for Gymnastics). Season 2 sports include: Boys swim, Boys Basketball, Girls Basketball, Gymnastics, and Boys and Girls Wrestling. Physicals can be done at your own doctor or at health point (located on Evergreen’s campus). You can reach health point at: 206-835-2615. Physicals can be dropped off at the main office, scanned and attached to your familyid registration, or scanned and emailed to Ms. Zimmerman: email@example.com. Game schedules can be viewed at https://ehswolverines.org .
College and Career
Spring is here, and we are excited for our seniors as we gear up for the third installment of Senior Success Day on April 30 from 8:30am-2pm. There will be more details to come on this as we have workshops, guest speakers, and interactive activities as we prepare seniors for final stretch of their high school career.
We can’t tell you how excited we are to see some faces in person, and we are hopeful that this means that we will be able to start offering in person club meetings and some events. Once we get more guidance on what will be allowed, we will be sending out more updates on events. One item that will be coming up soon is the search for new ASB officers for the 2021-2022 school year. Elections will take place in late April, and information on the election process will be available to students after spring break.
- NEW HOURS QUARTER 4: Tech assistance & materials pickup: Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday 8:00-2:30.
- APRIL 7 is remote learning materials drive thru for Quarter 4: Biology, Lit Comp 1, Lit Comp 2, Civics (Ackner), AP Spanish Language, DL AP US History, UW 111.
- AVOID END-OF-YEAR FINES: Use our 24/7 drop boxes near the front office and staff parking lot to return library and classroom books.
Upcoming Dates and Events
· April 7th-Materials pickup for remote learners
· April 19th - Start of Quarter 4 and Hybrid Learning for All
· April 28th- Quarter 3 Report Cards Mailed Home
· April 26th & April 30th- Picture Day
· April 26-30th- Spirit Week
· April 30th- Senior Success Day 3
· April- ASB Elections
· May 3- First Day of Season 3 sports
· May- 11th Grade Future U
· May - AP and State Testing
· May - Spring Fling
· June 11th - Senior Parking Lot Party/Drive Thru
· June 12th at 6:00pm- Graduation at Highline Memorial Stadium