WASFA & FASFA
The Washington Application for State Financial Aid or WASFA is a free application for non-citizens to apply for student financial aid in Washington State. Upon successful completion of a WASFA, the college(s) you choose will use the information you provide to determine your eligibility to receive Washington State financial aid, including State Need Grant, the College Bound Scholarship, or State Work Study.
To apply for federal student aid, such as federal grants, work-study, and loans, you need to complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). Completing and submitting the FAFSA is free and easier than ever, and it gives you access to the largest source of financial aid to pay for college or career school.
Ever year, more than $185 billon in financial aid is given to students. This aid is distributed to students on a first-come, first-serve basis. This is why it is very important to apply year. The application opens in the fall.
Here is what you need to complete the FAFSA Application:
- Student social security number
- Your parents' social security number
- Your alien registration number (if you are a permanent resident)
- Your parent's legal names and birth dates
- Month and year of your parents' marriage, separation, divorce or widowing
- Parents' financial information: tax return, W-2's, savings and investment information or government assistance
- Income information for student if they work
- List of colleges applied for